Thursday 21 April 2016

22. Evaluation Questions - 7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my preliminary task, I feel like I now understand magazine conventions a lot better than I ever did before. Because of the music magazine analysis of my front cover, contents page and double page spread, I now understand how music magazines use different features and techniques to draw audiences in. I started to understand magazine conventions at the beginning of starting the main task, as i were analyzing a lot of music magazines, in order to see what approaches they use to attract their audience. There are a lot more features that I now understand since I have been doing the main task, this then helps to attract the audience, as my magazine now looks much more professional. I had never used PhotoShop before, so i were very unsure on what to do. My edited photos then drastically improved from the preliminary task to the main task, as I then became much more confident with PhotoShop and also had gotten more use with the different tools, As I have now learnt much more about PhotoShop, I now feel like my standard of work has then very much so improved. My photo shoot also improved in my main task than in my preliminary task. This is because I planned what shots I were going to do. I definitely planned this out much more in my main task, than in my preliminary task. I also considered the location much more in my main task too, I didn't plan the location in my preliminary task, as I did not think that it would really matter too much. I am glad that I planned the locations in my main image, as it gives a clue to the genre of my magazine and also attracts and draws in an audience much better. I did not use any props in my preliminary task, so using props in my main task was a good option, as this then brings much more attention towards the images, which then gives clues to the purpose of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment